Thursday, January 29, 2009

Morning Thoughts on the Metro


Often times, the morning trips on the metro allow me to clear my head and think about a lot of random things that tend to fill my mind. So, while they may be random, these are the thoughts that went through my head this morning.

  • Our new shuttle guy is really friendly. Last year, we had this horribly angry man that would yell at people that were in his way. I mean, he would smile occasionally, but you knew deep down he was bitter. This new guy, seems genuinely friendly. It makes the morning better.
  • The guy who hands me my newspaper in the morning wasn't there yesterday. I was a little concerned because I remember he told me he wasn't feeling well. Well, he was back this morning. It was nice to see him back. He had to take the bus because of the ice and snow yesterday.
  • If the Express - who constantly spell things incorrectly and have the most insane typos each day - can spell Troy's last name right... What was up with Channel 4 last night? (Thanks, Cotter!)
  • "Poop" was in my crossword this morning. What is a four letter word for a palindromic ship deck? POOP! Love it.
  • The Gipsy Kings are a great band... Their version of Hotel California is great... I made a new "Gipsy Kings" radio station on Pandora this morning.
  • When I sit all the way back on the train seat, my feet don't touch the ground.

My brain goes in a million different directions in the morning.

No comments: